Hey everybody, Sorry for the delay. I was watching the Boston Massacre (Cavs-Celtics) last night and neglected to prep this week’s post. Also, since it's Memorial Day and 84 degrees outside I decided to do a quickie (que Deadpool quip). Who wants to stare at a screen on a day like today? Yeah, I’m talking to you!
Speaking of Deadpool, I had the chance to see the Merc with a Mouth Saturday. If you're still deciding whether to spend your hard earned cash on DP2 or Solo, Deadpool is my recommendation. I heard Solo was a flop. Something I think all of Twitter predicted a year ago. The trailer didn't grab me so I opted for a Date with Mr. Wilson.
Deadpool 2 had a purposefully restricted budget. The Creative team had a falling out and script duties changed hands after some felt that it should be a dig budget movie, others felt it should stick with its roots. Which, let me tell you, was the right decision. Plus despite being a small budget film, in no way did it feel like one. Was it a little CGI heavy at times? Sure, but Wade pointed it out to the audience anyways so basically the writers own up to it.
The humor was on point, I felt like I was watching a 2-hour long Family Guy episode.
Sidebar: Can you imagine Seth McFarlene getting a gig on Deadpool? That would be amazing. Throw in Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon for good measure and let's see what happens.
At times, the jokes happened so fast that I missed about 25% of them because I was too busy laughing at the other 75%. Not a single dull moment in the film. Plus, Domino was a BADASS.
My one criticism is the ending of the film. Where honestly…the writers screwed up a very key detail.
SPOILER: CLICK TO EXPAND
In the end, after dying a slow and comical death, Wade finally gets to embrace his girlfriend-whose-name-I-can’t-remember-and-is-to-lazy-to-look-up. Wade gets his closure and the GF tells him that his family still needs him. Touching right?
Then Cable goes back in time to save Wade.
Here’s the problem.
If Cable saved Wade, Wade never dies, meaning he never gets to see his wife and have his closure.
The writers fucked up. And technically Wade should still be depressed and suicidal having not seen his wife.
Cable shoots/saves Wade and he’s ok now? Nah, the writers fucked up.
So in a bid to be moderately sentimental, the ending makes zero sense.
Does anyone care? Probably not, it’s a Deadpool Movie. And a hilarious, entertaining one at that.
Have a great day everyone!